MIGRAPRENEURS – “Entrepreneurial and Intrapreneurial Mindset Development for Highly Skilled Migrants in Europe” is an Erasmus+ Strategic Partnerships Project with a running time of September 2016 – August 2019.
Human Capital is a key determinant of the innovative performance of regions and countries. Fact is that human capital coming from the migration behavior of skilled individuals is a significant determinant of innovation in the host countries. Skill mismatch, however, can contribute to unemployment and may reduce productivity and competitiveness. It appears in various forms such as skill shortages or skill gaps, but also applies to situations where the qualifications, knowledge, and skills of an individual exceed the requirements of their job. Migrant workers in Europe are more likely to experience over-qualification – where their level of education is higher than the job they are doing.
The purpose of this project is designed for utilizing the skills that highly skilled migrants bring into partner countries by fostering an entrepreneurial/intrapreneurial mindset for migrants.
- Highly skilled migrants (HSM) (educated to university level)
- Entrepreneur migrants around Europe (mainly in countries who have been more affected by the refugee crisis)
- Migrants who might never have thought about starting up businesses or are in the early stages of thinking about starting up.
- The difficulty of immigrants successfully integrating into society is becoming an ever-more pressing issue and needs to be addressed. This project helps to combat this problem by increasing migrant employment in skills-matched areas as well as increasing entrepreneurship amongst this group and helping migrants to create strong social networks.
- The project also connects participants with both business professionals and fellow immigrants via a networking platform which will contribute to a more cohesive society and lead to more active participation in the community.